All the amazingly positive things I have experienced here so far that make me happy everyday (in no particular order):
1. Take It Easy is the best inexpensive food in all of Puerto Viejo area. Your choice of Jamaican jerk chicken, coconut milk fish, or tofu scramble with a side of yucca, rice, beans, and fermented cabbage all served on a cart by a very handsome Rasta man named Christian… all around the sight makes me happy all day every day 😉
2. The ocean just down the way and the incredible beaches to chose from depending on how much I wana fight waves makes me one with water.
3. The organic farmers market every Saturday morning with local artistry, crafts and goods is a great place to see the town united in one place (besides the World Cup soccer games!)
4. The jungle. I have a love hate relationship with the jungle but how can I not love being surrounded by lush green trees and plants with monkeys howling every morning.
5. Cayenne dark chocolate brownie from Bread and Chocolate…need i say more?
6. New friends! Everyone I’ve met here from all over the world has taught me something new about myself and the ones I keep close to me are such special beautiful souls, I couldn’t ask for better teachers on this journey.
7. Riding my bike (Gallina Negra) every day feels like the medicine my mind, body, and spirit was thirsting for.
8. New discoveries and “ah ha!” moments about myself, my ancestors, and blood line have been enlightening to say the least.
9. Being here, I truly appreciate Chicago and all the nourishment that city can provide. I realize now I was looking for the wrong things to nourish me before.
10. Being able to take out a poisonous spider outside of the cabin without killing it…. Yup… I did that shit.